Sunday, April 1, 2012

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Peanut BUT-FOR CAUSATION Bars

These are healthy (woot woot!) and delicious. Plus, SUPER easy to make! Life is good with these babies around :)




What you need:
- 1.5 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate, but you can use any kind)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk, but any kind will work)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I used chunky to get an extra crunch)
- 1 mashed banana or a 1/3 cup of apple sauce
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon

How you make it:

Mix all of the ingredients together, pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8x8 inch baking pan or a 9inch pie tin and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes! Presto! Healthy dessert, snack, or breakfast! Also, next time I make this, I'm going to substitute the chocolate chips for dried cranberries or fresh apples chunks! nom nom nom !!!

1 comment: