Wednesday, June 6, 2012

OATMEAL RAISINable Person Cookies -- Anything but Standard

HELLLOOOOO again from San Francisco! My office is apparently a fan of potlucks, so it's time for another blog update! I kept it simple this time, but I wish I had spiced it up a little -- literally. I think these babies would be great with a little chili powder added in. (too bad I didn't have time to experiment. boo) These are still absolutely delicious and worth making! If anyone tries adding a kick in, let me know. I'm very curious! Enjoy :)

What you'll need:
- 3/4 cups butter, softened
-3/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups oats (I used old fashion--DO NOT use insant!)
- 1 cup rasins
- 1 cup chocolate chips


How you'll make it:

Start by preheating you oven to 350 degrees and lining a cookie sheet with foil. In a large bowl/mixer, cream the butter, white and brown sugar together. When smooth, beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Then gradually add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour. Lastly, add in the oats, raisins, and chocolate chips. Make teaspoon portioned balls of the mixture and place on your cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10mins. [For crispier cookies, press down the balls a little before baking. For softer and thicker cookies, don't push down.]

No comments:

Post a Comment