Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cake BATTERY Rice Crispies Treats

Hello blog, it has been TOO long! I'm back in Williamsburg and I'm back to making deliciousness. William and Mary -- prepare yourselves.




As I begin my final year, I can't help but think about my first. Oh Crim Law, you're still inspiring me. So folks, I give you Cake BATTERY Rice Crispies Treats! OMG, SO GOOD!! If you like funfetti cake (who doesn't?!) and rice crispy treats (umm...DUHHH) then you're about to be in heaven. Check it out!

I wanted a more cake-y taste, and I love the look of sprinkles, so this recipe is heavy on both.



What you'll need:
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 6 cups of rice krispie cereal
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 1/2 box of funfetti cake mix (dry)
- 1/2 cup of sprinkles

How you make it:
Line an 11x7 baking pan (go for deep!) with waxed paper. Then in a LARGE bowl, microwave the marshmallows and butter on high for about 30-45 seconds (depending on the power of your microwave). Watch out for them because you definitely don't want a marshmallow-y mess in your microwave. Once the marshmallows are completely melted, stir in the dry cake mix and the cereal. Then add in the sprinkles (minus a little to sprinkle on top). As soon as everything is mixed in well, transfer it all to the baking pan. Pour on the extra sprinkles. Use an extra piece of waxed paper and lay it across the top. Then lightly press the treats flat. Let the treats set for about 30 minutes. Then remove from the pan, pull off the waxed paper, and cut up. NOMSSSS



No comments:

Post a Comment