Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Esteak and Planning, Trust me.


I've had a lot of requests for more meat recipes, which is great because I don't think there is anything tastier than a good steak! YUMMMMMM

My parents cook a TON of meat. It is even a running joke in our house that it isn't a meal unless there is some type of meat on the table. My favorite is when my dad grills (anything cooked on a grill tastes 100 times better), but unfortunately, I don't have a grill here in Williamsburg (yet). While I normally like to cook a good cut of meat with some olive oil and a little Montreal seasoning, I thought I would try something a little different this time. I paired the steak with some homemade fried rice and a simple salad. Try this smokey-slightly salty-with a ting of spice-recipe. I think you'll like it. 

What you'll need:
- two thick cuts of meat. I used T-bone, but you can use whatever you like
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 cloves crushed garlic (or 1 teaspoon)
- handful fresh parsley
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

How you make it:

Place all of the ingredients (minus the steak, of course) into a blender or food processor and blend until thoroughly mixed and the parsley is finely chopped. Pour over the steaks, making sure to coat the steaks completely. 

Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but no more than 10 hours. Cook the steaks as desired--I like mine to be medium rare, and I prefer to cook on the bbq. 

Eat up! 

1 comment: