Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Statutory Crepe



One of the greatest parts of coming home is the food. LOTS and LOTS of absolutely delicious food (plus, a dishwasher that makes enjoying all the amazing food even easier). Every once in a while I get to wake up and smell the sweet scent of vanilla wafting through the house. It means one thing-- my momma is making fresh crepes for breakfast. SO DELICIOUS! Ahhh my goodness, it is nice to be home :)

What you'll need:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- splash of Grand Marnier (optional)
- a little bit of lemon zest (also optional)

How you make it:
Simple! Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl. The batter should be slightly thinner than pancake batter.

I suggest using a non-stick pan to make this recipe a little healthier, but if you don't have one available make sure to lightly grease the pan with either some oil, Pam cooking spray or butter.

Pour a ladle of the mixture into the center of the pan and spread it around, making a thin layer across the bottom of the pan. When it begins to brown, flip it! And repeat.

You can fill the crepes with anything you like! My favorite filling combination is Nutella and fresh fruit (pictured). You can also do peanut butter, trail mix, and bananas. YUMM

If you want to fill the crepes with savory fillings, just omit the Grand Marnier and vanilla extract from the recipe and you're good to go!

1 comment:

  1. I made this and then I ate it. The only complaint is that I had to clean a sticky mess out of my underwear directly afterward.

    ReplyDelete